Netgear RT328 ISDN Router - Need New ROMFILE

Old February 6th 04, 02:29 PM
Bruce McDougald

Default Netgear RT328 ISDN Router - Need New ROMFILE

I just recently received a second hand RT328 router, but the original
owner could not remember the password. I contacted Netgear support
and they sent me a copy of the First Gear configuration tool, latest
firmware (which it already had), and a new copy of the romfile0.328
file which I was supposed to upload to the router via Hyperterm and a
serial cable. I did that, but now when the router is turned on, it
goes into an infinite loop of (1) Testing the LAN, (2) Testing ISDN,
(3) Complaining about a DB entry for user FTPUSER, (4) reboots and
starts the process all over again.

I have tried to contact Netgear support, 3 times now, but I get no
response from them. I suspect that the romfile0.328 they sent me is
bad, because before I uploaded the new file, I could connect to the
router and get the password entry screen via telnet. Now I get
nowhere.

Is there any one on this group who has a copy of the original
romfile0.328 file that they could send me?

Thanks.

Bruce

Old February 9th 04, 03:08 PM
Bruce McDougald

Netgear finally came through and sent me another file to acompany the
previous romfile and that cleared everything up.

I was able to configure the router to my network, and able to
establish a connection to my ISP, but only when I went into the
router's ISP setup menu and initiated a test at the end of the setup
routine. When I rebooted the router, it would not re-establish a
connection to my ISP. How do I configure the router to do this?

Thanks.

Bruce
Old February 12th 04, 04:04 PM
Keith Diehl

I have a 328/348 manual that you can download at
http://www.xmission.com/~kdiehl/temp/rh348refguide.pdf

I'll leave it on line until the end of the month.

In comp.dcom.isdn, message ,
David Lesher wrote:

(Bruce McDougald) writes:

Netgear finally came through and sent me another file to acompany the
previous romfile and that cleared everything up.

I was able to configure the router to my network, and able to
establish a connection to my ISP, but only when I went into the
router's ISP setup menu and initiated a test at the end of the setup
routine. When I rebooted the router, it would not re-establish a
connection to my ISP. How do I configure the router to do this?

As I recall, its default was to dial on demand...

If you lack the Netgear Fine Manual, look at zyxel's 100IH at
ftp.zyxel.com over via their support page. That's the genes in the
328....

Keith Diehl - Salt Lake City
spam free email form at http://www.xmission.com/~kdiehl/mail.html
Old February 24th 13, 07:29 AM
jantoney jantoney is offline
Junior Member

Thumbs up

So for the people that are looking for the romfile0 - Here it is!

Netgear have taken it down from their website years ago and I just spent 3 hours looking on the net for it, only to find it on a file on my PC hidden!

Hope this helps someone else in the future!
Attached Files
File Type: zip romfile0.zip (369 Bytes, 315 views)