using an ISDN PBX without an ISDN line.

Old April 5th 09, 12:45 PM
baltazar13 baltazar13 is offline
Junior Member

Default using an ISDN PBX without an ISDN line.

Hi,

I have a requirement to test an IVR application running on a E1/T1 dialogic board (ISDN PRI) but I have no access to a physical ISDN line.

The question I was hoping someone could clarify is whether an ISDN PRI PBX can deliver an ISDN PRI signal on an internal extension without being connected to a physical ISDN trunk from the outside. I have done similar stuff on analogue using a cheap analogue PBX and was able to dial internal extensions without needing a BT line.

Regards
Old April 5th 09, 02:37 PM posted to comp.dcom.isdn
Phil McKerracher[_2_]

"baltazar13" wrote in message
The question I was hoping someone could clarify is whether an ISDN PRI
PBX can deliver an ISDN PRI signal on an internal extension without
being connected to a physical ISDN trunk from the outside...

Maybe.

In theory, a PBX gets its clock from the network, so internal extensions die
(or show "Loss of Framing") if there's no network connection. It's possible
to use an internal clock instead though.

--
Phil McKerracher
www.mckerracher.net