Very grateful for any advice :-)

Old April 25th 12, 04:00 PM
DavidHRH DavidHRH is offline
Junior Member

Default Very grateful for any advice :-)

Hi guys.

wondered if anyone could give me some advice on connections for ADSL.

Whoever wired our telephone/broadband connection, used cat5 cable to run from the BT socket to the router which is some distance away. No problem with either service as both work fine.
However, I have just purched a piece of telephone equipment, which means that the adsl connection has to be isolated from the phone line via a splitter.
The problem is, that the cat5 cable is hardwired into the BT socket, so I need to crimp either an RJ11 or RJ45 plug on to the cat5 cable to enable me to plug the cat5 into the splitter, and I'm afraid I dont know what connections to use to accomplish this.
Any help would be most appreciated

Thanks

Dave