ZXDSL 9806H configuration example/help

Old February 28th 12, 07:55 PM
ggeorgiev ggeorgiev is offline
Junior Member

Location: Montreal
Default ZXDSL 9806H configuration example/help

Hello,

I need to set-up ~20 ADSL2+ lines, and I got hands on a ZXDSL 9806H DSLAM with ADSL2+ card (ASTEB) and an network card (SCCFE). It looks however that DSLAM configuration is a science apart, and needs some specific knowledge, which I am acquiring, but some pieces still miss.

I would appreciate if someone can point me to an working configuration.

Situation:
- DSLAM: ZXDSL 9806H with ADSL2+ and 1Gb copper network line. User guides on: downloads.znet.ca.
- DSL modem is Netgear DGN2200. It has VPI 8 and VCI 35 in ADSL settings by default.
- DSLAM and modems are in the same building, distance 100 yards (mètres pour les adeptes de la " Système Internationale ").
- Need to pass normal Internet access + IPTV over broadcast to all users.
- Nice to have provision for VoIP, albeit not need immediately.
- User speeds of 6MB/s, 12MB/s, 24MB/s.
- No ppoe login, but bind specific modem to specific line with option82.
- Traffic accounting, bytes per day, is needed.
- Command line configure, SNMP is not used for now.

Questions:
- What are best ADSL profile values for this situation? Where can I read what those keywords mean? Looks pretty foggy for me as of now. Some guide/book on this?
- What is the meaning of ADSL alarm profile?
- Do those VPI / VCI combinations mean something? Example: is there some advantage to have, say 8/35 over 1/81?

Last edited by ggeorgiev : March 19th 12 at 01:58 AM.
Old March 1st 12, 12:00 AM
ggeorgiev ggeorgiev is offline
Junior Member

Location: Montreal

Hello again,

This DSLAM seems pretty capable platform, however configuration is difficult as there is not much English documentation. Google shows no relevant references as well. Product seems to be produced for China, however I am determined to tame this beast, and get the best it can do.

When (and if) I arrive at working configuration, I will post it here. If someone has suggestions, please mail them to subscriptions#znet!ca.

Last edited by ggeorgiev : March 1st 12 at 02:13 PM.
Old March 19th 12, 02:09 AM
ggeorgiev ggeorgiev is offline
Junior Member

Location: Montreal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggeorgiev View Post
... When (and if) I arrive at working configuration, I will post it here. ...
Hi, if someone is interested, below is a running configuration for ZXDSL 9806H:

DSL-CL01Ashow running-config
add-card ASTEC 1
add-card ASTEC 2
add-card ASTEC 3
configure
system hostname DSL-CL01A
line telnet idle-timeout 60
line auto-pagedown enable
sntp server 10.7.2.1
sntp interval 1024
adsl-profile 12M.PRF
startup adsl-profile 12M.PRF cFastMaxTxRate 12288 cInterMaxTxRate 12288
adsl-profile 24M.PRF
startup adsl-profile 24M.PRF lineType 1 cFastMaxTxRate 22528 cInterMaxTxRate 22528
startup adsl2-profile 24M.PRF rFastMaxTxRate 2048 rInterMaxTxRate 2048
adsl-profile 4M.PRF
startup adsl-profile 4M.PRF cFastMaxTxRate 4096 cInterMaxTxRate 4096
adsl-profile 6M.PRF
startup adsl-profile 6M.PRF cFastMaxTxRate 6144 cInterMaxTxRate 6144
adsl-profile TEST.PRF
startup adsl-profile TEST.PRF cRateMode 3 lineType 1 cFastMaxTxRate 24000 cInterMaxTxRate 24000 rRateMode 3
startup adsl2-profile TEST.PRF rFastMaxTxRate 1024 rInterMaxTxRate 1024 DMT_EOC 2
adsl-profile 12M.PRF atuc-inp 1 atur-inp 1
adsl-profile 24M.PRF atuc-inp 1 atur-inp 1
adsl-profile 4M.PRF atuc-inp 1 atur-inp 1
adsl-profile 6M.PRF atuc-inp 1 atur-inp 1
adsl-profile TEST.PRF atuc-inp 1 atur-inp 1
syslog facility 7
syslog-server host 10.7.2.1
add-vlan 12,16
ip host 10.7.2.16 255.255.255.0
port-location access-node-identify hostname
port-location dhcp-option82 enable
dhcp short-lease 3
packet-limit arp 16
packet-limit icmp 16
ssh-server enable
ssh-server version sshv2

pon register-check disable
manage-access-list enable
manage-access-list 1 permit source-ip 10.7.2.0/28
manage-access-list 2 deny any
end
configure ip
igmp snooping-aging-time 30
igmp span-vlan enable
igmp mvlan 16
igmp mvlan 16 max-group 256
end
configure interface adsl 1/1
adsl profile 24M.PRF
atm pvc 1 vpi 8 vci 35 pppoa_oe_auto
port-location sub-option rid enable
end
configure interface adsl 1/2
adsl profile 4M.PRF
atm pvc 1 vpi 8 vci 35 common
end
........ other interfaces LLC or VC based, your choice .......

configure
vlan 12 1/1-24 untag pvc 1
vlan 16 1/1-24 untag pvc 1
vlan 12 5/2 tag
vlan 16 5/2 tag
end
configure ip
igmp mvlan 16 source-port 5/2
igmp mvlan 16 receive-port 1/1-24 pvc 1
igmp mvlan 16 group 239.255.0.16
igmp mvlan 16 group 239.255.0.16 bandwidth 24576
igmp mvlan 16 group 239.255.0.17
igmp mvlan 16 group 239.255.0.17 bandwidth 24576
igmp mvlan 16 group 239.255.0.18
igmp mvlan 16 group 239.255.0.18 bandwidth 24576
igmp mvlan 16 group 239.255.0.19
igmp mvlan 16 group 239.255.0.19 bandwidth 24576
igmp mvlan 16 group 239.255.0.20
igmp mvlan 16 group 239.255.0.20 bandwidth 24576
Old June 18th 12, 04:37 PM
rnbguy rnbguy is offline
Junior Member

thanks nice work

Last edited by rnbguy : June 19th 12 at 12:18 PM.