DSLAM equipment comparison

Old October 5th 11, 06:33 PM posted to comp.dcom.xdsl
Croata

Default DSLAM equipment comparison

Hi,
I hope this newsgroup still alive... I'm wondering where can I find
comparisons or experiences about the performance of several DSLAMs or
MSANs. What are good quality brands? I know Zhone, Versatek, Sino,
Zyxel, Calix, ITAS, Planet, VisionNet, VATEL. Where can I buy cheap
ones? What is the best way to combine a DSLAM for providing also POTS
(through IP Phone FXS)? I want to install a ADSL2+ infrastructure for
internet providing in my building since our ISP is becoming extremely
expensive (US$ 40/mo for 6mbps). Thanks in advance
--
Regards,
Cro
Old December 1st 11, 03:11 AM posted to comp.dcom.xdsl
GlowingBlueMist[_2_]

On 10/5/2011 11:33 AM, Croata wrote:
Hi,
I hope this newsgroup still alive... I'm wondering where can I find
comparisons or experiences about the performance of several DSLAMs or
MSANs. What are good quality brands? I know Zhone, Versatek, Sino,
Zyxel, Calix, ITAS, Planet, VisionNet, VATEL. Where can I buy cheap
ones? What is the best way to combine a DSLAM for providing also POTS
(through IP Phone FXS)? I want to install a ADSL2+ infrastructure for
internet providing in my building since our ISP is becoming extremely
expensive (US$ 40/mo for 6mbps). Thanks in advance
--
Regards,
Cro

Late I know but there is an active group in the comp.dcom.telecom
newsgroup with people who might just be interested in talking about the
stuff you mentioned.

This is a moderated newsgroup and you will need to append [telecom] to
the end of the subject line or your message will get filtered out.

Other than just plain blatant retail sales messages or spam almost all
other messages get posted there after being checked by a moderator.