A Broadband and ADSL forum. BroadbandBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » BroadbandBanter forum » Broadband, ADSL & VOIP newsgroups » General DSL & broadband
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

BT Issues

Old December 1st 10, 09:50 AM

First recorded activity by BroadbandBanter: Dec 2010
Question BT Issues

First off I hope I have posted this topic in the right section, apologies if I have not! I have a BT Internet Connection and have done since May when I moved into a new apartment.

My PC is using a wired connection and my BT Hub is connected directly to the main socket in the study... For around the past two weeks I have been experiencing problems and getting error messages that there is ‘No Internet Access’ on the PC, but the Hub is all lit up, occasionally resetting the Hub and restarting the PC would solve the problems, but not all the time.

I contacted BT on Monday morning and after testing the line from there end, I was advised for 24 hours to connect the line directly under the main socket, this I did and for 24 hours + the connection was fine, in that time I didn’t turn off the modem or reset it.

A call back from BT yesterday told me that possibly the fault was with the main socket, since there had been no problems connected directly under the socket and they advised me to keep an eye on it for five days and call back if any problems.

This morning however once again despite being connected directly under the socket, I have the same error ‘No Internet Access’ yet the Hub is all lit up, I’ve reset it bla bla bla and still there is no connection.

Another call to BT, and they now till me there is a circuit issue fault possibly and will work on it over the next 48 hours and call me back.

Sorry I don’t half waffle... I guess I am looking to find out what the circuit issue could be and where the circuit is, would this be outside in the main BT box...

Is it possible that workmen in the area have disturbed something, there is a massive amount of roadwork’s and digging happening outside my property on one major main road, workmen have been there since September and have another six months of work to do.
Ads
Old February 22nd 11, 08:39 AM

First recorded activity by BroadbandBanter: Feb 2011

Unfortunately a business line contract gets immediate attention and a home line gets m-f/9-5 only, the cost difference really does not represent this.. and quite frankly, a home user needs 24/7 and the business normally 9-5. Anyway,. we are where we all are.
Old March 17th 11, 11:54 AM

First recorded activity by BroadbandBanter: Mar 2011

The connection interrupted thing will continue to happen because of the host you are connected to.....if they have a bad connection then it may stop the game completely with the CI popping up or it may just be laggy as hell.
Old January 9th 12, 11:58 AM

First recorded activity by BroadbandBanter: Jan 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by beardala View Post
Unfortunately a business line contract gets immediate attention and a home line gets m-f/9-5 only, the cost difference really does not represent this.. and quite frankly, a home user needs 24/7 and the business normally 9-5. Anyway,. we are where we all are.
Well don't you think some offices, operate in the evening shifts and on weekends too. Wont such businesses also require a telephone connection 24/7...... ?