BT Issues

Old December 1st 10, 09:50 AM
Leftgirl Leftgirl is offline
Junior Member

Question BT Issues

First off I hope I have posted this topic in the right section, apologies if I have not! I have a BT Internet Connection and have done since May when I moved into a new apartment.

My PC is using a wired connection and my BT Hub is connected directly to the main socket in the study... For around the past two weeks I have been experiencing problems and getting error messages that there is ‘No Internet Access’ on the PC, but the Hub is all lit up, occasionally resetting the Hub and restarting the PC would solve the problems, but not all the time.

I contacted BT on Monday morning and after testing the line from there end, I was advised for 24 hours to connect the line directly under the main socket, this I did and for 24 hours + the connection was fine, in that time I didn’t turn off the modem or reset it.

A call back from BT yesterday told me that possibly the fault was with the main socket, since there had been no problems connected directly under the socket and they advised me to keep an eye on it for five days and call back if any problems.

This morning however once again despite being connected directly under the socket, I have the same error ‘No Internet Access’ yet the Hub is all lit up, I’ve reset it bla bla bla and still there is no connection.

Another call to BT, and they now till me there is a circuit issue fault possibly and will work on it over the next 48 hours and call me back.

Sorry I don’t half waffle... I guess I am looking to find out what the circuit issue could be and where the circuit is, would this be outside in the main BT box...

Is it possible that workmen in the area have disturbed something, there is a massive amount of roadwork’s and digging happening outside my property on one major main road, workmen have been there since September and have another six months of work to do.
Old February 22nd 11, 08:39 AM
beardala beardala is offline
Junior Member

Unfortunately a business line contract gets immediate attention and a home line gets m-f/9-5 only, the cost difference really does not represent this.. and quite frankly, a home user needs 24/7 and the business normally 9-5. Anyway,. we are where we all are.
Old March 17th 11, 11:54 AM
halstonwind halstonwind is offline
Junior Member

The connection interrupted thing will continue to happen because of the host you are connected to.....if they have a bad connection then it may stop the game completely with the CI popping up or it may just be laggy as hell.
__________________
e cigarette | eliquid | e liquid
Old January 9th 12, 11:58 AM
Anna Howard Anna Howard is offline
Junior Member

Location: Pakistan

Quote:
Originally Posted by beardala View Post
Unfortunately a business line contract gets immediate attention and a home line gets m-f/9-5 only, the cost difference really does not represent this.. and quite frankly, a home user needs 24/7 and the business normally 9-5. Anyway,. we are where we all are.
Well don't you think some offices, operate in the evening shifts and on weekends too. Wont such businesses also require a telephone connection 24/7...... ?

BT, Webwise and Phorm: A question of trust nospamthanks UK broadband 13 November 20th 08 12:04 AM
BT charging for line fault callouts by default - BEWARE John Livingston UK broadband 13 September 25th 08 10:24 AM
BT and FON launch the world's largest Wi-Fi community Sunil Sood UK broadband 2 October 8th 07 11:33 AM
BT home hub issues? Beck UK broadband 10 December 13th 06 12:27 PM
BT Wireless Router Issues [email protected] UK broadband 6 March 22nd 06 11:37 PM