Reporting faults on BT lines

Old October 18th 10, 03:40 PM
robway robway is offline
Junior Member

Default Reporting faults on BT lines

My ISP provides ADSL over my existing BT PSTN line. When the ISP considers there is a fault on that PSTN line, why is he saying he is not allowed to report it mon my behalf to BT? Any ideas?
Old October 18th 10, 09:02 PM posted to comp.dcom.xdsl
Rich Greenberg

In article ,
robway wrote:

My ISP provides ADSL over my existing BT PSTN line. When the ISP
considers there is a fault on that PSTN line, why is he saying he is not
allowed to report it mon my behalf to BT? Any ideas?

Any number of reasons ranging from a lazy ISP CS droid to the contract
between the ISP and BT.

So why are you wasteing time asking us? Pick up the phone and call BT.
After all, BT will be the one who fixes it.

--
Rich Greenberg Sarasota, FL, USA richgr atsign panix.com + 1 941 378 2097
Canines: Val, Red, Shasta, Zero & Casey (At the bridge) Owner:Chinook-L
Old October 18th 10, 09:03 PM posted to comp.dcom.xdsl
Doug McIntyre

robway writes:
My ISP provides ADSL over my existing BT PSTN line. When the ISP
considers there is a fault on that PSTN line, why is he saying he is not
allowed to report it mon my behalf to BT? Any ideas?

The telco regulations protect your relationship with the LEC pretty
closely, the line is controlled by the LEC, you potentially could have
a repair bill on your line with the LEC. The regulations don't allow
3rd parties to talk to the LEC on your behalf.

Its not like the ISP is pushing things off on you, but the LECs don't
let the ISPs control too much, for fear of slaming and misc bills that
people refuse to pay.

Old November 30th 10, 04:03 AM
desinet1 desinet1 is offline
Junior Member

I agree with it.
Old February 16th 11, 12:54 PM
rahnjoseph rahnjoseph is offline
Junior Member

These faults looks like lease line problem. one should have to contact its operator.
Old March 17th 11, 11:52 AM
halstonwind halstonwind is offline
Junior Member

Yep. Defo overhearing fault. BT will have tested the line and certain overhearing faults will test ok.Split leg pairs with a dacs in the same cable is a common problem. Call BT back and get an eng out. Fault is defo outside in the network.
e cigarette | eliquid | e liquid
Old January 10th 12, 07:38 AM
Anna Howard Anna Howard is offline
Junior Member

Location: Pakistan

Quote:
Originally Posted by robway View Post
My ISP provides ADSL over my existing BT PSTN line. When the ISP considers there is a fault on that PSTN line, why is he saying he is not allowed to report it mon my behalf to BT? Any ideas?
Well the reason behind this is that your ADSL service provider is just using the phone line of BT in providing you the service of Internet. If their is any fault in your telephone line then you need to contact to the service centers of BT by your own self as the telephone line coming to your home from the BT exchange would be registered against your own name. The ADSL service provider has got nothing to do with BT.