BT Home Hub Different ISP

Old September 23rd 10, 04:43 PM
phil_mw60 phil_mw60 is offline
Junior Member

Default BT Home Hub Different ISP

Hi,

I have unlocked a BT Home Hub v1.0 (which is actually a Thompson 7G?) and now have version 6.1.9.6 of the Thompson firmware installed.

However I am having problems getting it to connect to the internet.

I have run through the setup wizard and entered all details correctly as far as I am aware (PPPoA, 0,38 VPI/VCI along with my talk talk username and password) however I cant connect to the internet!

After a few seconds of trying to connect I see the status as 'Disconnected, Authentication failed'. Upon looking at the logs this is actually CHAPS Authentication failed.

Does anyone know why this is happening? Could it be that on the wizard, the region is set to World rather than UK? (Albeit I can't see anywhere I can change this setting).

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer.

Phil
Old March 17th 11, 11:52 AM
halstonwind halstonwind is offline
Junior Member

I assume you use the PS3 with wifi. I also assume you lost contact because you were far from the router and the signal was weak. Now you have changed a lot of settings and messed it up.
__________________
e cigarette | eliquid | e liquid
Old January 9th 12, 11:50 AM
Anna Howard Anna Howard is offline
Junior Member

Location: Pakistan

Quote:
Originally Posted by halstonwind View Post
I assume you use the PS3 with wifi. I also assume you lost contact because you were far from the router and the signal was weak. Now you have changed a lot of settings and messed it up.
Try using either an amplifier or a repeater if you are suffering from problems of weak signal levels and and looking to find means of rectifying this problem.

Home Hub - Not with BT Andrew UK broadband 18 November 24th 13 12:12 AM
BT home hub/phone replacement? Steve[_11_] UK broadband 3 December 2nd 07 10:22 AM
Anybody with a BT Home Hub help with a installation please.... [email protected] UK broadband 9 December 2nd 06 11:27 AM
BT HOME HUB SnowDog UK broadband 7 October 21st 06 07:09 PM
BT Home Hub.. Whats in the Box? Fatboy UK broadband 6 August 23rd 06 11:15 PM