A Broadband and ADSL forum. BroadbandBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » BroadbandBanter forum » Broadband, ADSL & VOIP newsgroups » General DSL & broadband
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

BT Home Hub Different ISP

Old September 23rd 10, 04:43 PM

First recorded activity by BroadbandBanter: Sep 2010
Default BT Home Hub Different ISP

Hi,

I have unlocked a BT Home Hub v1.0 (which is actually a Thompson 7G?) and now have version 6.1.9.6 of the Thompson firmware installed.

However I am having problems getting it to connect to the internet.

I have run through the setup wizard and entered all details correctly as far as I am aware (PPPoA, 0,38 VPI/VCI along with my talk talk username and password) however I cant connect to the internet!

After a few seconds of trying to connect I see the status as 'Disconnected, Authentication failed'. Upon looking at the logs this is actually CHAPS Authentication failed.

Does anyone know why this is happening? Could it be that on the wizard, the region is set to World rather than UK? (Albeit I can't see anywhere I can change this setting).

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer.

Phil
Ads
Old March 17th 11, 11:52 AM

First recorded activity by BroadbandBanter: Mar 2011

I assume you use the PS3 with wifi. I also assume you lost contact because you were far from the router and the signal was weak. Now you have changed a lot of settings and messed it up.
Old January 9th 12, 11:50 AM

First recorded activity by BroadbandBanter: Jan 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by halstonwind View Post
I assume you use the PS3 with wifi. I also assume you lost contact because you were far from the router and the signal was weak. Now you have changed a lot of settings and messed it up.
Try using either an amplifier or a repeater if you are suffering from problems of weak signal levels and and looking to find means of rectifying this problem.