Verizon's DSL or not in my upcoming home area?

Old April 17th 12, 04:50 AM posted to comp.dcom.adsl,comp.dcom.xdsl,comp.sys.dcom.xdsl
Ant[_5_]

Default Verizon's DSL or not in my upcoming home area?

Weird. Lately, Verizon's web site and its online chat said no DSL (and
FIOS) services in my new upcoming area lately. A few months ago, its DSL
service was available for lowly 1 Mb/sec speed. How come I can't get it?

Here's something weird. On the phone box, I see "DSL" on it. So, I can
get it or not? This is confusing.
--
"After World War III, the ants will still be around." --unknown
| |o o| |
Old April 23rd 12, 07:47 PM posted to comp.dcom.adsl,comp.dcom.xdsl,comp.sys.dcom.xdsl
Ant[_4_]

In comp.dcom.xdsl Ant wrote:
Weird. Lately, Verizon's web site and its online chat said no DSL (and
FIOS) services in my new upcoming area lately. A few months ago, its DSL
service was available for lowly 1 Mb/sec speed. How come I can't get it?

Here's something weird. On the phone box, I see "DSL" on it. So, I can
get it or not? This is confusing.

Updates: It was confirmed by a phone call this morning. No DSL and FIOS
for this house. Also, the previous house owner said he used to have slow
Verizon DSL and three phone landlines. I guess that is why it says "DSL"
on it. It is strange/odd that Verizon won't give us, the new home
owner/familay, DSL!
--
Quote of the Week: "Although you're a little ant, I won't bully you."
--Sai Yuk from The Legend of Fong Sai Yuk movie (English subtitles)