A Broadband and ADSL forum. BroadbandBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » BroadbandBanter forum » Broadband, ADSL & VOIP newsgroups » General DSL & broadband
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Rj11 To Rj45 Cable Netgear N900

Old February 13th 12, 08:46 PM

First recorded activity by BroadbandBanter: Feb 2012
Default Rj11 To Rj45 Cable Netgear N900

Hi sorry if its hard to understand its my first ever posting.

last week i brought a new router modem to replace my old talktalk. I brought the netgear WNDR4500 (N900) Mainly because of the streaming and gaming i do. i have it all set up working fine so far. but on the netgear n900 its a rj45 connection and my wall socket is a bt conection wich then goes in to adsl microfilter. i brought the router as it stated is was dsl compatible. so my question is would a rj11 to rj45 or bt to rj45 cable work the router instead of using two routers.

The link for the router i brought is below if it helps
http://www.netgear.co.uk/home/produc.../WNDR4500.aspx

thanks hope you understand sorry if this a repeated thread as ive looked everywere and found nothing.
Ads