dsl over satellite (Germany)

Old December 1st 08, 09:47 PM posted to alt.satellite.internet
Dirk Weber

Default dsl over satellite (Germany)

Hi,

has anybody here experience with dsl over satellite in Germany? I am looking
for informations of all kind. We live in a small village in the middle of
nowhere in western Germany - and there is no dsl connection available. And
will not be for the next years.

Regards,

Dirk

--
Dirk Weber
Arft, Germany - Veenendaal, The Netherlands
Old December 5th 08, 02:21 AM posted to alt.satellite.internet
Josh Assing

By DSL I assume you mean "broadband" - DSL is a specific type of service...

I have used the Hughes system and it was so bad; I went back to dialup... But I
have to upload/send large files to customer -- dialup was faster to send.....
If you spend most of your time downloading or surfing -- it works but it's
expensive...
There is a noticable delay from the time you make a request -- typically on the
order of 2-4 seconds as the request goes up and back down.

If you download LARGE files (movies) satellite service is FAST.... I was blown
away by that speed.

However, during rain/cloudy days the performance suffered.

Bottom line is -- if you want -- make sure you can get out of the contract if it
doesn't work. I nearly had to take them to court due to the poor performance...
I paid $500 to terminat ethe contract early & was happy -- I had purchased a
business level service -- IMHO Worthless...

Old April 30th 10, 05:16 PM
amankhisti amankhisti is offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Assing View Post
[...]

I suggest you go for the satellite connection as its a good deal in long term and is best suited for remote areas. The service which the provider gives you might also be poor due to the remoteness of the location.
Old November 10th 10, 10:06 AM
ziibiin ziibiin is offline
Junior Member

l know little about this !

Internet TV Mihaius Cable Modems 1 October 3rd 07 07:30 PM
Satellite and Voip satenabalos VOIP - Voice Over IP 0 July 5th 07 09:01 PM
Latest Infos and Advices about Satellite Phones, Rentals, Services and Accessories [email protected] General DSL & broadband 0 June 7th 07 12:03 AM
Satellite Broadband Clive UK broadband 2 July 30th 06 11:10 PM
New Satellite Equipment! ;^e Free Movies Forever!!!!!! Satellite Internet Access 0 April 9th 06 11:42 PM