DirectWay via Earthilink - need adivce

Old July 21st 08, 01:51 AM posted to alt.satellite.internet
Who Wants To Know

Default DirectWay via Earthilink - need adivce

All, I need the advice of this group if possible. I am located in the
South Central area if Virginia (30 miles SW of Richmond).

I am currenlty recieving Satellite internet Services form Directway
(HughesNet) via Earthlink. I have been a sucriber since the DW4000
series and am currently on the DW6000 devices.

I have no options where I am really other than Satelite or via my
other connection paid for by wiork - Werizon High Speed Wireless.

At present, my Satelite connection has gotten to a point where it is
virtually unuseable I have contacted Earthlink. They are telling
me that the DW6000's are no longer supported. They aretelling me that
I need to upgrade to the DW7000 hardware - modems and Dish. They
won't upgrde me for free even though they clam they don't / won't
support the current euipment I have. They want mne to lock into an 18
month plan to get this upgrade - with no committment othet than 'the
service should be better' - at a cost to me of some $500. So much for
customer loyalty rewards

So, my question is this:

1. Am I better off going to HughesNet directly?
2. Does anyone know if all things being equal the 7000's ARE better?
3. They are telling me that I get 1GB as opposed to 400MB before the
FAP for the same price - but that I CAN'T have this for the 'legacy'
equiment I have - does this sound right?
4. At this point I can have 4 x Verizon Hign Speed cards for 4 x $60
per month with 5 GB per card - anyone have any exerience with sharing
a Verizon wireless card connection? How to do this?
5. I can't afford a dedicated T1, etc. Is there another provider of
wireless service that anyone can recommend as an alternative? And one
that might be willinig to work WITH me as opposed to just taking my
money?

Appreciate any and all comments here. Thanks in advance !!!!!!!!!!!

--Brad
Old April 30th 10, 05:33 PM
amankhisti amankhisti is offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Wants To Know View Post
[...]

I would suggest you to go to HughesNet directly and tell them your problem. I believe that you may get some proper solutions to your problem there.In the worst case you might have to negotiate over the amount you might have to give for an upgrade, which i believe would come down considerably.