BT [Yahoo!] servers screwed yet again

Old October 29th 17, 01:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
chris

Default BT [Yahoo!] servers screwed yet again

Ant wrote:
"AnthonyL" wrote:
On Fri, 27 Oct 2017 14:14:22 +0100, "Ant" wrote:
id 5996E5298935DED8 for [my email addr]; Thu, 26 Oct 2017 19:49:13 +0100

Yes - cpcloud = Critical Path cloud, for some strange reason a German
outfit.

So that's what that cloud reference means.

And being a new customer you've not had the pleasure of
learning that all the bt/yahoo credentials were hacked years before
any admission of the situation.

I do know that many Yahoo accounts were compromised a while back.

Not "many", *all*
https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...ounts-breached

I've
had spam from friends using Yahoo who had no idea that miscreants were
sending mail from them.

That had been going on for years. I persuaded my wife to move away from
them after the second time.

Old October 29th 17, 07:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
R. Mark Clayton[_2_]

On Friday, 27 October 2017 21:58:21 UTC+1, David Wade wrote:
On 26/10/2017 17:57, Ant wrote:
"R. Mark Clayton" wrote:
When Oh when are BT going to dump Yahoo! and do email properly?

I thought they had. My server is mail.btinternet.com and there's no
mention of Yahoo in any headers.

Some users are on BT Servers, some on Yahoo. Migration seems to be on
hold. I think this split may be causing many of the problems...

Dave

So any idea how to persuade BT to move one's accounts off Yahoo?
Old October 30th 17, 01:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
AnthonyL

On 26/10/2017 17:57, Ant wrote:
"R. Mark Clayton" wrote:
When Oh when are BT going to dump Yahoo! and do email properly?

I thought they had. My server is mail.btinternet.com and there's no
mention of Yahoo in any headers.

Some users are on BT Servers, some on Yahoo. Migration seems to be on
hold. I think this split may be causing many of the problems...

Dave

So any idea how to persuade BT to move one's accounts off Yahoo?

Get a new account? It is hard to understand why BT are dragging their
feet on this. There are issues of users taking advantage of the "one
off throwaway" address by creating a new one for every entity they
deal with and the new systems don't cater for this.

But, it is hard to understand why BT do (or don't do) many things. I
don't think they understand either. No one who knows anything in the
right positions.

--
AnthonyL
Old October 31st 17, 09:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
bert

In article , R.
Mark Clayton writes
On 26/10/2017 17:57, Ant wrote:
"R. Mark Clayton" wrote:
When Oh when are BT going to dump Yahoo! and do email properly?

I thought they had. My server is mail.btinternet.com and there's no
mention of Yahoo in any headers.

Some users are on BT Servers, some on Yahoo. Migration seems to be on
hold. I think this split may be causing many of the problems...

Dave

So any idea how to persuade BT to move one's accounts off Yahoo?

Get a gmail account? You can set it to automatically pick up any emails
in your BT account.
--
bert
Old October 31st 17, 10:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Wade[_3_]

On 31/10/2017 21:05, bert wrote:
In article , R.
Mark Clayton writes
On 26/10/2017 17:57, Ant wrote:
"R. Mark Clayton" wrote:
When Oh when are BT going to dump Yahoo! and do email properly?

I thought they had. My server is mail.btinternet.com and there's no
mention of Yahoo in any headers.

Some users are on BT Servers, some on Yahoo. Migration seems to be on
hold. I think this split may be causing many of the problems...

Dave

So any idea how to persuade BT to move one's accounts off Yahoo?

Get a gmail account? You can set it to automatically pick up any emails
in your BT account.

Thats what I do.
Dave
Old November 1st 17, 12:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
R. Mark Clayton[_2_]

On Tuesday, 31 October 2017 21:07:15 UTC, bert wrote:
In article , R.
Mark Clayton writes
On 26/10/2017 17:57, Ant wrote:
"R. Mark Clayton" wrote:
When Oh when are BT going to dump Yahoo! and do email properly?

I thought they had. My server is mail.btinternet.com and there's no
mention of Yahoo in any headers.

Some users are on BT Servers, some on Yahoo. Migration seems to be on
hold. I think this split may be causing many of the problems...

Dave

So any idea how to persuade BT to move one's accounts off Yahoo?

Get a gmail account? You can set it to automatically pick up any emails
in your BT account.
--
bert

When the server goes wobbly, third party [programs] can't access the email on the server.
Old November 3rd 17, 07:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
bert

In article , R.
Mark Clayton writes
On 26/10/2017 17:57, Ant wrote:
"R. Mark Clayton" wrote:
When Oh when are BT going to dump Yahoo! and do email properly?

I thought they had. My server is mail.btinternet.com and there's no
mention of Yahoo in any headers.

Some users are on BT Servers, some on Yahoo. Migration seems to be on
hold. I think this split may be causing many of the problems...

Dave

So any idea how to persuade BT to move one's accounts off Yahoo?

Get a gmail account? You can set it to automatically pick up any emails
in your BT account.
--
bert

When the server goes wobbly, third party [programs] can't access the
email on the server.

No but it will keep trying until it can - and over a period of time your
correspondents will tend to use your gmail account rather than the BT
one. Better still get your own domain name with mail forwarder.
--
bert
Old November 4th 17, 10:56 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
R. Mark Clayton[_2_]

On Friday, 3 November 2017 20:07:51 UTC, bert wrote:
In article , R.
Mark Clayton writes
On 26/10/2017 17:57, Ant wrote:
"R. Mark Clayton" wrote:
[...]

That is what I should have done in 1997 - anyone got a tardis?

--
bert

Old November 4th 17, 08:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
bert

In article , R.
Mark Clayton writes
On 26/10/2017 17:57, Ant wrote:
"R. Mark Clayton" wrote:
[...]

It's never too late...
--
bert
Old November 9th 17, 06:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
R. Mark Clayton[_2_]

On Saturday, 4 November 2017 20:06:53 UTC, bert wrote:
In article , R.

SNIP

That is what I should have done in 1997 - anyone got a tardis?

--
bert

It's never too late...
--
bert

Seems to be some sort of hazard - e.g. trying to send asynchronously with a general download, but have not pinned it down yet.

On phone / tablet it says password invalid :-(