BT [Yahoo!] servers screwed yet again

Old October 26th 17, 01:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
R. Mark Clayton[_2_]

Default BT [Yahoo!] servers screwed yet again

Can't access email from Outlook [2013], tablet nor phone. Third or fourth time in two weeks - outages last many hours. Can still log into web mail.

Usually affects main account, but two sub accounts briefly affected on Monday.

Very little held online (.ost), so hard to see any rationale, such as difficulty syncing [with Outlook].

When Oh when are BT going to dump Yahoo! and do email properly?
Old October 26th 17, 01:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Davey

On Thu, 26 Oct 2017 04:11:19 -0700 (PDT)
"R. Mark Clayton" wrote:

Can't access email from Outlook [2013], tablet nor phone. Third or
fourth time in two weeks - outages last many hours. Can still log
into web mail.

Usually affects main account, but two sub accounts briefly affected
on Monday.

Very little held online (.ost), so hard to see any rationale, such as
difficulty syncing [with Outlook].

When Oh when are BT going to dump Yahoo! and do email properly?

About the same time they provide full Broadband infrastructure to all
parts of Britain?

Get rid of BT for your e-mail (and everything else).

--
Davey.
Old October 26th 17, 03:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
R. Mark Clayton[_2_]

"R. Mark Clayton" wrote:

Can't access email from Outlook [2013], tablet nor phone. Third or
fourth time in two weeks - outages last many hours. Can still log
into web mail.

Usually affects main account, but two sub accounts briefly affected
on Monday.

Very little held online (.ost), so hard to see any rationale, such as
difficulty syncing [with Outlook].

When Oh when are BT going to dump Yahoo! and do email properly?

About the same time they provide full Broadband infrastructure to all
parts of Britain?

Get rid of BT for your e-mail (and everything else).

--
Davey.

The problem is I have a twenty+ year old BTI address and they want £5 per month just to keep it online.

They do supply physical lines (private road - no cable), but the VOIP and calls go elsewhere now.
Old October 26th 17, 06:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ant[_2_]

"R. Mark Clayton" wrote:
When Oh when are BT going to dump Yahoo! and do email properly?

I thought they had. My server is mail.btinternet.com and there's no
mention of Yahoo in any headers.

Old October 27th 17, 01:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
AnthonyL

On Thu, 26 Oct 2017 17:57:29 +0100, "Ant" wrote:

"R. Mark Clayton" wrote:
When Oh when are BT going to dump Yahoo! and do email properly?

I thought they had. My server is mail.btinternet.com and there's no
mention of Yahoo in any headers.

Plenty of Yahoo mentions in my [email protected] to [email protected] email eg

from=btinternet.com; domainkeys=neutral (no sig);
from=btinternet.com; dkim=pass (ok)

by mta1040.bt.mail.ir2.yahoo.com with SMTP; Thu, 26 Oct 2017
21:12:25 +0000

BT had embarked on a mission to move their servers to an outfit called
Critical Path (?) but the project stalled and hasn't been mentioned
for a few years. Maybe you were one of the few to be moved.

--
AnthonyL
Old October 27th 17, 03:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ant[_2_]

"AnthonyL" wrote:
Plenty of Yahoo mentions in my [email protected] to [email protected] email eg

from=btinternet.com; domainkeys=neutral (no sig);
from=btinternet.com; dkim=pass (ok)

by mta1040.bt.mail.ir2.yahoo.com with SMTP; Thu, 26 Oct 2017
21:12:25 +0000

BT had embarked on a mission to move their servers to an outfit called
Critical Path (?) but the project stalled and hasn't been mentioned
for a few years. Maybe you were one of the few to be moved.

I joined BT in November 2014 and have never had mail routed through
Yahoo. Below is the full routing info from a recent email from the
point it left the sender's ESP to me (with appropriate redactions []).

id 5822673206E776D2 for [my email addr]; Thu, 26 Oct 2017 19:49:14 +0100

id 5996E5298935DED8 for [my email addr]; Thu, 26 Oct 2017 19:49:13 +0100

Old October 27th 17, 06:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dick

On 27-Oct-17 2:14 PM, Ant wrote:
"AnthonyL" wrote:
Plenty of Yahoo mentions in my [email protected] to [email protected] email eg

from=btinternet.com; domainkeys=neutral (no sig);
from=btinternet.com; dkim=pass (ok)

by mta1040.bt.mail.ir2.yahoo.com with SMTP; Thu, 26 Oct 2017
21:12:25 +0000

BT had embarked on a mission to move their servers to an outfit called
Critical Path (?) but the project stalled and hasn't been mentioned
for a few years. Maybe you were one of the few to be moved.

I joined BT in November 2014 and have never had mail routed through
Yahoo. Below is the full routing info from a recent email from the
point it left the sender's ESP to me (with appropriate redactions []).

id 5822673206E776D2 for [my email addr]; Thu, 26 Oct 2017 19:49:14 +0100

id 5996E5298935DED8 for [my email addr]; Thu, 26 Oct 2017 19:49:13 +0100

All new customers from about 2013/2014 are on the BTMail service
operated by Critical Path/Openwave/whatever they are called this week.
Many customers on the old BTYahoo mail service were also migrated to the
new system but the migration halted for undisclosed reasons about 2
years ago leaving many customers still on the legacy BTYahoo system.
Old October 27th 17, 10:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Wade[_3_]

On 26/10/2017 17:57, Ant wrote:
"R. Mark Clayton" wrote:
When Oh when are BT going to dump Yahoo! and do email properly?

I thought they had. My server is mail.btinternet.com and there's no
mention of Yahoo in any headers.

Some users are on BT Servers, some on Yahoo. Migration seems to be on
hold. I think this split may be causing many of the problems...

Dave
Old October 28th 17, 02:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
AnthonyL

On Fri, 27 Oct 2017 14:14:22 +0100, "Ant" wrote:

"AnthonyL" wrote:
Plenty of Yahoo mentions in my [email protected] to [email protected] email eg

from=btinternet.com; domainkeys=neutral (no sig);
from=btinternet.com; dkim=pass (ok)

by mta1040.bt.mail.ir2.yahoo.com with SMTP; Thu, 26 Oct 2017
21:12:25 +0000

BT had embarked on a mission to move their servers to an outfit called
Critical Path (?) but the project stalled and hasn't been mentioned
for a few years. Maybe you were one of the few to be moved.

I joined BT in November 2014 and have never had mail routed through
Yahoo. Below is the full routing info from a recent email from the
point it left the sender's ESP to me (with appropriate redactions []).

id 5822673206E776D2 for [my email addr]; Thu, 26 Oct 2017 19:49:14 +0100

id 5996E5298935DED8 for [my email addr]; Thu, 26 Oct 2017 19:49:13 +0100

Yes - cpcloud = Critical Path cloud, for some strange reason a German
outfit. And being a new customer you've not had the pleasure of
learning that all the bt/yahoo credentials were hacked years before
any admission of the situation.

--
AnthonyL
Old October 28th 17, 09:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ant[_2_]

"AnthonyL" wrote:
On Fri, 27 Oct 2017 14:14:22 +0100, "Ant" wrote:
id 5996E5298935DED8 for [my email addr]; Thu, 26 Oct 2017 19:49:13 +0100

Yes - cpcloud = Critical Path cloud, for some strange reason a German
outfit.

So that's what that cloud reference means.

And being a new customer you've not had the pleasure of
learning that all the bt/yahoo credentials were hacked years before
any admission of the situation.

I do know that many Yahoo accounts were compromised a while back. I've
had spam from friends using Yahoo who had no idea that miscreants were
sending mail from them.