PhoneCoop broadband ...

Old January 3rd 18, 08:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jim Jackson

Default PhoneCoop broadband ...

I've just moved to phonecoop FTTC broadband. I've just done a whois on the
fixed IP address I get is it appears to be owned by TalkTalk. I've done
the same for things like IP address at other end of PPPoE connection and
first router in traceroutes and stuff and it's all TalkTalk.

Anybody know which which bits of the talktalk infastructure they are
using? I suspose it's some sort of wholesale provision. Can any shed light
on this sort of thing, I know there are some cluefull people around here.
I niaively thought they'd run their own setup.

cheers
Jim
Old January 3rd 18, 09:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Adrian Caspersz

On 03/01/18 20:35, Jim Jackson wrote:
I've just moved to phonecoop FTTC broadband. I've just done a whois on the
fixed IP address I get is it appears to be owned by TalkTalk. I've done
the same for things like IP address at other end of PPPoE connection and
first router in traceroutes and stuff and it's all TalkTalk.

Don't necessarily write them off for that just yet.

I know folks that have Post Office broadband, also using Talk Talk
infrastructure, that have had good support experiences from the PO
broadband side of things.

--
Adrian C
Old January 4th 18, 08:10 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PeterC

On Wed, 3 Jan 2018 20:35:44 -0000 (UTC), Jim Jackson wrote:

I've just moved to phonecoop FTTC broadband. I've just done a whois on the
fixed IP address I get is it appears to be owned by TalkTalk. I've done
the same for things like IP address at other end of PPPoE connection and
first router in traceroutes and stuff and it's all TalkTalk.

Anybody know which which bits of the talktalk infastructure they are
using? I suspose it's some sort of wholesale provision. Can any shed light
on this sort of thing, I know there are some cluefull people around here.
I niaively thought they'd run their own setup.

cheers
Jim

I'm with DirectSave and on TalkTalk's LLU kit in the exchange. I was very
pleased that all of my e-mail addresses still worked. I get 3.1Mbps max.
here and it holds up well and doesn't seem to suffer from contention.

I looked at PhoneCoop (why have a 'phone in a hen-house?) last night but the
'phone prices are quite high.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away
Old January 4th 18, 01:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Angus Robertson - Magenta Systems Ltd

I've just moved to phonecoop FTTC broadband. I've just done a
whois on the fixed IP address I get is it appears to be owned by
TalkTalk.

Many ISPs are using TalkTalk Wholesale to offer unlimited FTTC, which BT
Wholesale/Openreach prices out of reach.

But that is unrelated to the IP address range you get, which is down to the ISP
that offers the services.

I have a small fixed block of IP on my FTTC using TalkTalk Wholesale, which are
allocated to my ISP.

Angus

Old January 4th 18, 03:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jim Jackson

On 2018-01-04, Angus Robertson - Magenta Systems Ltd wrote:
I've just moved to phonecoop FTTC broadband. I've just done a
whois on the fixed IP address I get is it appears to be owned by
TalkTalk.

Many ISPs are using TalkTalk Wholesale to offer unlimited FTTC, which BT
Wholesale/Openreach prices out of reach.

But that is unrelated to the IP address range you get, which is down to the ISP
that offers the services.

Yes, that's as maybe generally, but...

My fixed IP is 79.77.18.222 which looks up to
host-79-77-18-222.static.as9105.com

and a whois on as9105.com shows Registrar: Ascio Technologies, Inc.
Registrant Contact Organization: Talk Talk Communications Limited
ditto Technical contact and admin contact. So looks like a talktalk IP
address, no?