Glad I don't waste 700/year on cable

Old August 29th 09, 11:59 PM posted to rec.arts.tv,alt.online-service.comcast,comp.dcom.modems.cable,rec.video.cable-tv,alt.cable-tv
pltrgyst

Default Glad I don't waste 700/year on cable

On Fri, 28 Aug 2009 22:23:01 -0700, "Michael" wrote:

Keep this ****e out of this newsgroup. We don't care.

Yo, you dumb ****, this thread ended two and a half months ago - until you
revived it.

--LL

Old September 3rd 09, 09:33 PM posted to rec.arts.tv,alt.online-service.comcast,comp.dcom.modems.cable,rec.video.cable-tv,alt.cable-tv
Shep Morelli

SFTV_troy wrote in news:b94c0832-76c1-406f-89dc-
:

70 channels and nothing worth watching.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEl2HiSw0ho
Old September 29th 14, 02:24 PM
LukeL LukeL is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank View Post
QN wrote:
"SFTV_troy" wrote in message
I visited a friend this past Sunday. I don't have cable television
but he does, so we talked for awhile and then he turned-on the set.
Flip. Flip. Flip. Nothing. Nothing. Nothing. 70 channels and
nothing worth watching. Eventually we stopped on a John Travolta
movie, but not for long since we both had seen it multiple times, and
we both agreed it was crap. Flip. Flip. Flip.

I've come to the conclusion that cable tv, like insurance, is a giant
scam to get people to waste their hard-earned money to get almost
nothing in return.

Contrast that with over-the-air TV where I get around 25 channels and
hundreds of shows at no cost. Much better deal in my humble opinion,
and for those few shows I don't get to see (like Battlestar Galactica)
I can rent on DVD for cheap. I'm glad I don't waste over 700 dollars
a year on cable.

After the 6 month discount my cable TV cost will become uncomfortably large.
I have been trying to find cable channel shows to justify the expense, but
it is hard.

Currently, I have trouble with OTA signals, but in several months the signal
should improve as the Sutro tower is upgraded.

I wish I could order a la carte channels.

After your deal runs out, go to the internet, Comcast and current deal
for your area. Call Comcast and tell them you want it. PITA but it
happens.
i am with you on this. you can do just fine without cable. there are months you will miss it but you still manage http://bellyfatdoc.com