CHARTER FIREWALL PROBLEM

Old March 15th 13, 03:37 AM posted to comp.dcom.modems.cable
[email protected]

Default CHARTER FIREWALL PROBLEM

I have an elderly friend who is living in an assisted-living institution, which has free CHARTER cable TV internet service for the residents via an in-house wi-fi system.

My friend recently availed himself of the wi-fi service and now one of his favorite programs will not work. I checked his Windows Firewall and it's o.k. The administrator at the institution insists their wi-fi router isn't blocking this program.

I'm wondering if CHARTER has a firewall on their service to the institution that may be blocking the program. I would appreciate help with this problem! Thanks.